Update Motonav TN20 TN30 software update
Download & installations instructions for Windows® PCs
The following instructions will walk you through the steps needed to download and install your software update on the Motorola MOTONAV TN20 or TN30 GPS navigation device. There are two basic steps for upgrading the software:
- Download the software update to an SD memory card.
- Upgrade the GPS navigation device. This procedure should only be used for Windows® PCs.
Before starting the download and upgrade procedure, please ensure the following requirements are met :
The MOTONAV GPS navigation device is fully charged.
- You have a Personal or Laptop Computer running Windows 7 or above and at least 50MB of free disk space to download the MOTONAV software upgrade package.
- The WinZip utility is loaded on your Personal or Laptop Computer.
- You have an empty, formatted standard SD memory card with 50 MB capacity or greater.
- You have a standard SD memory card slot in your Personal or Laptop Computer, or a USB SD card reader or a Motorola Enhanced Mini USB data cable. The data cable can be used to connect the MOTONAV GPS Navigation Device to your Personal or Laptop Computer.
Mount SD Card :
There are various ways to mount the SD memory card on your Personal or Laptop Computer. Choose the most convenient option from the list below :
- Insert the SD memory card into the SD card slot of your Personal or Laptop Computer, if one is available.
- Insert the SD memory card into the USB SD card reader, and then connect the card reader to a USB port on your Personal or Laptop Computer.
- Power-up your MOTONAV GPS navigation device. Insert the SD memory card into the SD card slot of your MOTONAV device. Connect the MOTONAV GPS navigation device to your Personal or Laptop Computer, using the Motorola Enhanced Mini-USB data cable. All of the options mentioned above will mount the SD memory card as an External Drive on your Personal or Laptop Computer. To locate the External Drive, double-click or open the “My Computer” icon located on your desktop. Then, look for the “Removable Disk” icon.
Download MOTONAV Software Update
- After mounting the SD memory card, go to the MOTONAV software update Website.
- Under the section titled “SOFTWARE UPDATES & DRIVERS”, select “TN20 Software Updates” or “TN30 Software Updates”, depending on which model you own.
- When the File Download window appears, “Save” the file to your desktop. Software upgrade package will be saved as a .zip file.
- After the download is complete, extract the MOTONAV software upgrade .zip file.
Motonav TN20 TN30 Update Instructions :
- Firstly, Ensure the GPS Device is fully charged.
- Secondly, Power-down the MOTONAV Device by holding the power button for at least 8 seconds. Until the charging LED indicator blinks.
- Then, Insert the SD memory card into the SD card slot of the MOTONAV GPS Navigation Device.
- Hereby, Power-on the MOTONAV GPS Navigation Device. The software upgrade will begin automatically. Select “Yes to All” if prompted.
- After that, The full upgrade process can take up to 15 minutes.
- When the software upgrade is complete, the MOTONAV GPS navigation device will automatically change. Either the Map screen, Warning screen, or the Language Settings screen can appear on the screen.
- Finally, Remove the SD memory card from your MOTONAV GPS navigation device.
MOTONAV MOTOEXTRAS TOOLBOX
A free PC-tool called MOTOEXTRAS TOOLBOX is available on the Downloads page. Once you connect your navigation device to your PC and launch this tool. It will automatically scan your device for installed software and maps.
Therefore, Before checking the MOTONAV site for updates and extras, please download and install the MOTONAV Toolbox onto your computer
Hereby, This tool will help us identify your device and help you download the necessary files. Once completed, you will receive your activation code.
After installing and starting MOTOEXTRAS TOOLBOX, you can start browse the Maps & More page. You’ll find all the available maps and 3D content. Alternatively, you can select an update or extra map in the MOTONAV toolbox’s Get Maps & More screen. Motonav Updates Update Motonav TN565T