Update TomTom Car GPS is today’s topic. TomTom provides various services like navigation, in dash navigation, traffic, parking, autonomous driving, fleet management, vehicle tracking etc. GPS devices are available for drivers, automotive, fleet management & enterprises. Therefore, It offers a wide scope of products & services. To avoid dead ends , surprise speed limits & road changes its recommended to update TomTom car GPS.
There are a lots of ways to update your TomTom car GPS. In order to help users update their TomTom car GPS we have provided tested & verified methods to do so without any hassles. In cases, Methods vary from short and simple to long and complex depending upon the model of TomTom GPS. For details about on how to update TomTom Maps please visit our blog.
To update TomTom Car GPS, you will be required to install the MyDrive Connect software on your computer. MyDrive Connect helps you to manage your data and services. With MyDrive Connect you receive the latest maps, software updates and the ability to renew your services. Updates and fixes are available weekly. Make sure you have the latest version of MyDrive Connect.
Steps to Update TomTom Car GPS :
Update MyDrive Connect
- Firstly, Connect your TomTom GPS with the computer via USB cable. (TomTom not connecting ?)
- Make sure you have TomTom MyDrive Connect installed on the PC.
- If MyDrive Connect doesn’t open automatically, click the MyDrive Connect icon in the Windows notification area or Apple menu bar and then click MyDrive Connect.
- In case, you are not already logged in, enter your email address and password to Log in. You can select “Remember my email address” so you don’t have to enter it next time.
- Click My Content at the top left of the page.
- Click Update selected. In addition, MyDrive Connect will display what’s new with this update, you must click Accept and Install to continue.
Note: If no software update is available, the software on your navigation device is up-to-date. You can disconnect your GPS from the computer and skip the remaining steps.
- So, During the download and installation, MyDrive Connect shows the progress of the two operations: download to the computer and then installation on the navigation device.
Important: Do not disconnect your navigation device. Your navigation device will display a message to say when it is safe to disconnect it.
- Once the installation is complete, you will see the message YOU’RE READY TO GO! in MyDrive Connect. Then, Click the My Content button to return to the MY CONTENT page.
- Therefore, When you see the message on your navigation device that the installation has completed, disconnect your navigation device from your computer. TomTom Lifetime Map Updates 2022.
- You can now use your navigation device with the installed software update.